oct 2014 - present
I run the studio's game design department, leading teams making educational, training, site-specific, and medical games for a range of audiences.
- Lead games designer on the new Happy Studio app for McDonald's, offering a range of playful experiences around popular brands for kids aged 3 to 12.
- Lead games designer on Adventure Cards, a game that's a guide to the British Museum, currently available at the Museum's Family Desk.
- Lead games designer on the upcoming commercial release of Tyrant, a game for US publisher Amplify that gets kids aged 8 to 12 to think like an ant colony.
apr 2012 - oct 2014
Designing, producing, and writing games for various clients through this small children's digital media agency.
- Lead designer/producer on dress-up and football games for JeemTV.net, Al Jazeera's site for 6 to 12s.
- Design and content lead for City Kicks, writing and producing games, videos, and comics for Manchester City FC's site for young supporters during the 2012-13 season.
- Development producer on pilot "first issues" of interactive digital comics for five CBBC brands.
jun 2008 - mar 2012
Designing and producing games and other digital experiences for the CBeebies
websites as Development Producer. Highlights included work on accessibility for children with special needs, systems for templated games, and helping devise CBBC's social gaming strategy.
- Bamzooki Smash, a quick-play browser bug-battle game.
- Something Special Out and About, a highly accessible suite of activities and games for preschoolers with special needs.
- Beaker Party, a flash game made for the popular Tracy Beaker brand which racked up 3 million plays.
- Dick and Dom Let Rip, a launcher game featuring the kids' comedy duo.
- CBBC Staring Contests, interactive video stare-offs against popular CBBC characters, with the player's webcam detecting blinks.
- Blue Peter Keepy Uppy, a popular webcam motion game released for the World Cup.
2004 - present
Copywriting and proofreading for online encyclopedia.